funsec mailing list archives

Re: Google's unofficial torrent search

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:

An interesting situation after Pirate Bay case...

http://mashable.com/2009/04/20/google-torrent-search/

Juha-Matti

To me, the win for the RIAA means that anyone can sue anyone who offers
any type of search results that may link to coyrighted material. e.g. if I
create a copyrighted article, post it on my site telling people not to
read it, I could sue google, yahoo or even the RIAA if they happen to
display a link to my page in _any_ search results.

Am I reading the verdict wrong?

--
Steve
Equal bytes for women.