funsec mailing list archives

Re: Omegle chat bot

From: Imri Goldberg <lorgandon () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:48:32 +0300

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM, David M Chess <chess () us ibm com> wrote:

Aryeh:

I am afraid Omegle may be proving John Gabriel's Internet Theory:

        http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/  [NSFW]

Not in my experience; all my conversations have either been very short
(like, as soon as they suspected I wasn't from Brazil, they dropped out), or
very civil.  Even the guy whose first utterance was "BIG COCKS!!" turned out
to be a fun interlocutor once I demonstrated a tolerance for silliness.

Note that in Omegle, there is no audience. Also, the article I linked to in
my first email to funsec about Omegle (
http://www.juliandibbell.com/texts/bungle.html ) discusses this subject in
depth.

--