funsec mailing list archives

Re: Omegle chat bot

From: David M Chess <chess () us ibm com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:06:22 -0400

Aryeh:

I am afraid Omegle may be proving John Gabriel's Internet Theory:

        http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/  [NSFW]

Not in my experience; all my conversations have either been very short
(like, as soon as they suspected I wasn't from Brazil, they dropped out),
or very civil.  Even the guy whose first utterance was "BIG COCKS!!"
turned out to be a fun interlocutor once I demonstrated a tolerance for
silliness.

DC

(If that Penny Arcade is NSFW, then I suppose this posting isn't, either.
But boy, I wouldn't want to work in a workplace where the mere presence of
naughty *words* made something NSFW!)

:)