funsec mailing list archives

Re: how to verb twitter

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:10:31 -0800

Date sent:              Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:08:47 +1000
From:                   Donal <irldexter () gmail com>

Hee hee, a, hee hee ho ... http://tr.im/flutterfun

That is *so* last week.  I mean, look.  Nobody has the time to actually write
any stuff anymore, right?  Take Gadi's start to this thread:

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
An author admits to falling in love with twitter, and why:
http://www.thewayofshadows.com/2009/04/how-to-verb-twitter/

Basically this guy is saying "I like Twitter for the reasons given in this other
blog."  That's what most Twitterers, and most bloggers, are doing anyway: just
pointing to someone else's stuff.

So, my company has started up Ditter.  Basically, you sign up for an account.
Then, any time at all, it's just a single click, or the shortest of SMS
messsages, or email, or anything else, and you post "What he said."  That says
it all, right?  It's appropriate for pretty much any occasion or situation.
It's short.  And it doesn't require a lot of thought.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless
information.                                           - Oscar Wilde
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/