funsec mailing list archives

Re: thoughts PS: Conflicker Removal Sale

From: "Thomas Raef" <traef () ebasedsecurity com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:03:25 -0500

No no no.

You're doing that all wrong.

In the Internet Marketing world (where IM means Internet Marketing),
you'd have to setup a microsite, a Twitter account and "tweet" about
bathroom breaks, cutting your toenails and other "personal" events to
build up a following, then write some Google ads, build a list, and then
send out numerous emails for your "pre launch".

In your pre launch you let people know that you're only going to sell
this to the first 1,000 people then you're shutting it down (you never
give a valid reason why you're shutting it down after the first 1,000
but you're trying to build demand).

Then when the day comes that you're actually ready to sell it, you sell
way more than what you said.

That's how you're supposed to sell stuff online.

(I hope you enjoy the humor with which this was meant)