funsec mailing list archives

Re: New bill aims to force cell camera sounds, protect children

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:41:01 +0200 (EET)

It's very difficult to see why this discussion started in 2009, very quick Finnish-language Google search point to
articles from 2003:
"Camera-phones must 'click' in Korea"
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/communications/soa/Camera-phones-must-click-in-Korea/0,130061791,120280927,00.htm
etc.

If I remember the discussion during these years it was emphasized that camera phones must say click even in silent mode
:)

Almost everyone has a cell phone with a camera, but not everyone is taking a picture around you...

Juha-Matti

Jeff Rosowski [rosowskij () ie ymp gov] kirjoitti:
   How the hell does this "protect children" though?

Umm... when they take naked pictures of themselves to send to their
boy/girl/whateverfriends, their parents can hear the tell-tale shutter
sound and investigate?

Curiously enough, my _camera_ doesn't make sounds when I take pictures.
Why should my camera phone?