funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ironic?

From: "Justin D. Scott" <admin () dtdns com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:51:26 -0500

eg-greeting companies suffer tremendously from abuse
by spammers. In fact, a couple of them will brief us
at ISOI 6.

I'm sure they do, and those kinds of companies should put proper protections
in place.  A company sending an e-greeting to its clients is hardly spam in
my book (your definition may vary depending on whether the greeting is also
pushing marketing materials, but I'm making an assumption that it isn't).

I may also be biased since the company I work for sent an e-greeting to our
clients this year which did not contain any advertising (actually, an
interactive snowman simulator that you can play dress-up with).  It was
pretty well received with only one complaint, and that was because it was a
'Happy Holidays' card and not a 'Merry Christmas' card... go figure.

-Justin Scott