funsec mailing list archives

Re: T33n pr0n ch!ldren

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:59:04 -0400

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:22:10AM -0700, Robert Slade wrote:
It shouldn't be news: it's not an isolated case.  Lots of instances: one
in Florida has two teens who had consensual "relations," took pictures,
transmitted them (one to the other), and are both now registered,
convicted sex offenders.

Two points.

First, I'm appalled that Florida wasted the public's money on this case.
It speaks volumes about their ridiculously puritannical view of sexual
activity and their completely misplaced priorities.  (*Especially* in Florida,
the state best known for the worst electoral process in the nation.)

Second, this practice is now commonplace behavior among teenagers.  (I'm not
saying I approve or disapprove; I'm just pointing out that it's hardly
exceptional.)  It happens via cell phones and portable audio/video players
and web sites and instant messaging and every thing else.  Shall we
then destroy the lives of several million of them by prosecuting and
convicting them all and entering their names on the sex offender list?

---Rsk