funsec mailing list archives

Re: A Sad Day For America: Senate Approves Telco Immunity

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:03:42 -0400

I'm not a lawyer either, but I studied constitutional law in school (my
degree is in public policy) and I've written on this. There have been
plenty of amnesties granted. I just looked it up and from very early in
the republic this clause was determined not to apply to civil liability
(Calder v. Bull, 3 U.S. (3 Dall.) 386)

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com