funsec mailing list archives

Re: DHS official expresses interest in shock bracelets for airplane passengers

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:34:39 -0400

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:44:04 EDT, John LaCour said:

Sometimes it just amazes me how these stories evolve. Let me start off
by saying that the Department of Homeland Security's Science &
Technology Directorate nor TSA have been pursuing shock bracelets for
airline passengers as alleged by the Washington Times Blog.

Of course, DHS and TSA have a right to be upset.  It isn't like they've
had a history of doing the sort of passenger-abusive policies that would
make people think the current story was even plausible.  There's absolutely
nothing in their history that would give the story any traction, no sirree bob.