funsec mailing list archives

Re: Where does the Republican Party stand on top posting?

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:04:40 -0400

I started, like everyone else, eons ago with bottom posting.

Then when That Horror Known as Outlook came out, I kept having to force
others to go to bottom posting, bitterly complaining when they posted on
top (Outlook's default behavior).

I fought it bitterly.  Huge fights with others (including family).

I was estranged from my own corporate culture.

But then... I started to post on top, and rather liked it.  In fact, the
more I do, the more I like.

I suppose it's because you don't really read an email from the top to
the bottom, you actually read email subject lines (and the preview pane)
from the top of your inbox to the bottom.

An even more miserable admission for my pathetic soul, is that I've
found I rather like That Horror Known as Outlook.

I see the conflicts in lists that I'm on -- many use old newsreader
style in their responses, while others use Outlook's defaults.  There's
a general shift in habits as the world has moved more on to email
listservs.  Newsreader default behavior is different than Outlook's.

So try it up on top. The view is nice up here, even if it is sometimes
rather lonely.

Alex