funsec mailing list archives

Re: Race to Zero Again

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:53:50 +0100

Anyone can "have their say" -- in fact, you just did, but I'm not
exactly sure what you said.

Actually, that's "anyone can have their say except the amoral,
moneygrabbing, cabalistic monopoly of anti-malware researchers, who have no
right of reply to any crap that might be thrown at them."

I assume that you're stating that my job would somehow be easier
by someone else creating new viruses? Is that what you're trying
to say?

Well, it's a point of view. Though not one I hold, being dedicated to
blocking the individual's God-given right to create as much malware as he
damn well pleases...

I don't see that this has much to do with reverse engineering, to be honest.
Malware creation by modifying existing programs goes back to the dark ages,
and is almost too trivial to qualify as RE.

--
David Harley
AVIEN Administrator: http://www.avien.org