funsec mailing list archives

Re: exploiting MS08-021

From: RandallMan <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:53:54 -0500

============
Message: 5
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:25:32 +0000
From: "Jon O." <jono () networkcommand com>
Subject: Re: [funsec] exploiting MS08-021
To: Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:57:43PM +0000, Paul Ferguson wrote:

There's more than just a PoC exploit available via milw0rm -- there
are active malicious exploits circulating in-the-wild on this since
last week.

[THIS IS ALL SPECULATION RIGHT NOW -- haven't been following any of these
patches, versions, etc.]

I haven't tested this at all, but I just reviewed the PoC and 2 minutes later
Google Desktop went down via Dr. Watson.

just my 2 cents worth but google has crashed on me a few times with
the temp folder indexing malware and such. So I suspect this to be
normal behavior if it get wacked.

--
RandallM