funsec mailing list archives

Re: exploiting MS08-021

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:27:31 -0400

I don't know the answer to your question, but I've asked the Microsoft
security folks for some way to turn off automatically opening WMF files in
IE.  I made my query 3 or 4 WMF bugs ago, but got no reply.

Here's my new question:  Can WMF images and auto-executing exploit code be
embedded in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files?

Richard