funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Topic: When Did LinkedIn Start Sucking So Bad?

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- "John C. A. Bambenek, CISSP"
<bambenek.infosec () gmail com> wrote:

Well, I was trying to be more practical sure, but to be
philosophical, sure... anything that leaves the confines of
the neurons in your brain is no longer private. :)

Ding Ding Ding! "You've won a New Car!"

Privacy is...

what is in my mind.

what is in my home.

You can keep that even in front of the cameras.  No amount
of scrutiny can peel back the encryption you carry between
your ears. (and "home" is not just a physical space, but
I'll spare y'all that digression)

Privacy is easy.

The rest is a matter of *security*.  Security is about
managing time-sensitive information that you want to
selectively share, through manipulation and obfuscation,
until it no longer has value to Others.

Security is hard.

-chris "linkedin.com/in/chrisblask" blask

PS - yes, Linkedin does suck.  I copied them Ferg's
original post on topic with my own bile added.  In the
words of the Esteemed Barney Ruble: "What a bunch of
maroons..."