funsec mailing list archives

Nice RBN/Storm worm writup in חנוכה-X/X-Mas Blog

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:26:28 -0500

Complete with diagrams of FFDNS in Action: http://rbnexploit.blogspot.com/

-----------------------------------
The key objective for the RBN is to rebuild the Storm Botnet which is
shown in various reports over the last few months, from a few million
enslaved PCs to more recently a few 100,000's. One can only further
guess as to what the RBN's main goal is to use a rebuilt Storm Botnet
for, e.g. earlier DDOS (Denial of Service attack) on Estonia.

Congrats to anyone who helped shrink that beast down (I am looking at
you, mr "I got a new computer for x-mas/חנוכה-x, so this one's going
in the trash")

You can watch the fast-flux in action by nslookup/whois'ing
MERRYCHRISTMASDUDE.COM (different dude of course)

-JP