funsec mailing list archives

Re: Some Ad Networks Are Bad News

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:51:58 -0500

On Nov 12, 2007 9:43 PM, silky <michaelslists () gmail com> wrote:
On 11/13/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
On Nov 12, 2007 9:11 PM, silky <michaelslists () gmail com> wrote:
is this really news?

No, but if doubleclick is messing up then well we are kinda screwed. I
just thought it was funny, even if unavoidable :-)

On Nov 12, 2007 9:11 PM, silky <michaelslists () gmail com> also wrote:
orly?
On Nov 12, 2007 9:11 PM, Dude <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> didn't get it <whoosh!>:

let's also not forget that ad's themselves are viral in nature.
tricking us into trusting the products they promote so that they can
exploit our wallets ...

Ahh the benefits of applied psychology: It only works on the weak of mind..

sadly the weak of mind have the same voting rights as the rest of us;
if not the majority vote.

But they are easy to control, so we have no excuses for being beaten
by two parties of morons..

-JP