funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Senate Dems Reportedly Agree To Immunize Spying Telecoms

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:13:18 -0500

On 10/18/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:38:12 +0200, Florian Weimer said:

Why do the Democrats need "deals" to pass laws?  I think they won the
last election.

You're from Germany, I wouldn't expect you to understand how a minority in
both
houses of the legislative branch and a President with a 24% approval
rating can
still be in charge of things. :)

What is so hard to understand? For one, the President has veto power and the
power of the pulpit anytime he wants it. Two, his approval rating is double
congress' which is only 11%.