funsec mailing list archives

Re: Security Theater: Most Fake Bombs Missed by Screeners

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:03:28 -0500

On 10/18/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

The failure rates at Los Angeles and Chicago stunned security experts.

They can't have been actual experts if they didn't understand that
security theater doesn't provide actual security.

Touché.  :-)

I know better but I'm going to ask anyway: what security steps would you
take to prevent armed men from overtaking another airplane?