funsec mailing list archives

Re: While we're talking about the 1st amendment...

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:19:27 -0700

Google actually has a court loss to back this up:
http://www.news.com/2100-1030_3-5564118.html

                                        BB

Larry Seltzer wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/a-983100~Robert_Cox__Google_bans_anti_MoveOn_org_ads.html

<excerpt>
    Internet giant Google has banned advertisements critical of
MoveOn.org, the far-left advocacy group that caused a national uproar
last month when it received preferential treatment from The New York
Times for its “General Betray Us” message.

    The ads banned by Google were placed by a firm working for
Republican Sen. Susan Collins’ re-election campaign. Collins is seeking
her third term.

    Earlier this week, Google told Lance Dutson, president of Maine
Coast Designs, that the ads he placed for Collins had been removed and
would not be allowed to resume because they violated Google’s trademark
policy.

    Google’s Web site states, “Google takes allegations of trademark
infringement very seriously and, as a courtesy, we’re happy to
investigate matters raised by trademark owners.” That suggests Google
acted in response to a complaint by MoveOn.org.
</excerpt>