funsec mailing list archives

How much would you pay to prevent someone from tracking everything you do?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:15:43 -0500

How about leting people track you for free?

http://wfp.microsoft.com/

If you've already decided you want to participate, you can enroll in
the Program. This will step you through the Agreement for joining the
Windows Feedback Program. After that, you will enter your personal
information and answer some questions that will help us to better
understand how you use your computer and what your interests are. If
you choose to participate in the survey program, you will periodically
be invited to take a survey. If you prefer to give us feedback in the
form of data that is automatically collected on your computer and
uploaded to our servers, all you need to do is opt in to our automated
feedback program and download and install our software. It takes less
than 2 minutes on a 56K modem, and we'll automatically receive your
feedback. Of course, we'd be thrilled if you would choose to
participate in both parts of the program! Please let your friends and
family members know about the program, as well.

Hmm, the survey doesnt sound too bad, and I am glad my 56k modem can
hadle the download, but having MS monitoring everything I do sounds
bad. At least its voluntary.. for now (bum bum bum:)

Still, I always wished that Vista had better pr0n viewing
capabilities, and here is my chance to get that done!

more here: http://wfp.microsoft.com/AboutPanel.aspx

-JP<random link http://gw.technomonk.com/bun.jpg>