funsec mailing list archives

I, Robot

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:44:47 -0000

[From SANS Newsbytes 9/97. Some commentary snipped. I think I feel a paper
coming on.]

Russian Chat Bots Gather Information (December 10, 2007) An artificial
intelligence program circulating in Russian chat forums flirts with human
users in an attempt to get them to divulge personally identifiable
information.  People have fallen prey to CyberLover because it is difficult
for them to tell that they are not talking with a real person.  The program
can create up to 10 relationships in 30 minutes, and assembles dossiers for
each relationship that include names, contact information and photographs.
So far, CyberLover has just been spotted in Russian chat rooms, but others
are urged to use caution while chatting.
http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/security/printfriendly.htm?AT=62035388-3900000
5c
http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/news.php?id=166536
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/markc/archive/2004/06/24/1669.aspx