funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the DeclarationofIndependence ?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:20:17 -0400

On 7/9/07, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
>>Wow....less than 30 years earlier than the US - with a LOT more
experience in such matters. Guess Solly's adopted home isn't so
benevolent after all....

I could take issue with the Doctor's characterization of relative
freedoms in the US and UK (which included all of Ireland until this past
century), but all countries have things in their past to be ashamed of.
Looking over history with a broad perspective, the US and UK are both
beacons of freedom

Central and South America, Africa, and parts if Asia would beg to differ..

I would say we are beacons of freedom for citizens, all else beware..

-JP<who thinks the sins of today trump the miracles of yesterday>