funsec mailing list archives

Re: Book censorship in the U.S.A.

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:32:06 -0400 (EDT)

A Lewiston woman who said she was "horrified" by the content of an
acclaimed sex education book has checked out copies from two
libraries and refuses to give them back.
Of course, this woman should probably be in jail for what she did,
but that's another matter.

I dunno; I don't think they jail people for petty theft - nor do I
think they should; much as I like libraries and books, I don't think
stealing two books, even for as k00ky a reason as wigging out over
their contents, should draw jail time, unless there's something very
special about the books (like a Shakespeare first folio).

I hope if they get new copies they have the good sense not to let her
take them out.

If they have two brain cells to rub together they won't even let her in
the library again, much less let her borrow anything!

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca