funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:11:21 -0400

On Mon, 14 May 2007 09:28:17 CDT, Brian Loe said:

The basic principle of any and all rights is: Your rights end at the
tip of my nose. Now, given that knowledge, I'm hopeful that you can
answer your own questions and avoid our moderators rath yourslef.

So you *do* agree that *your* rights end at the tip of *my* nose, and that
therefor you're willing to concede those rights that extend further.  That's
contrary to your original statement:

I'm not in favor of giving up my rights for ANY purpose, btw. I don't
have the right to live worry free.

(ANY is *your* caps, btw) - that covers "including the purpose of not extending
past somebody else's nose".  You have the right to use imprecise language that
doesn't say what you actually meant... :)