funsec mailing list archives

Re: couldn't resist sharing

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:04:38 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 4/16/07, David Lodge <dave () cirt net> wrote:

What I found interesting about this situation - is that nobody agrees with
UK on it: the Americans think we should have attacked the Iranians (and
sparked off a massive, pointless conflict);

I don't think the UK should have attacked the Iranians - and most
others don't either. However, I do believe those seaman and marines
should have defended themselves.

They were in an inflatable boat. Have you ever sat in an inflatable boat
with a bunch of people pointing guns at your boat? Would you start a
shooting war at that point? It wouldn't last long.

I have no doubt in the UK's soldiers
being able to handle themselves, if they try.

Sometimes when you're ambushed in a hopeless situation, you just have to
accept defeat.