funsec mailing list archives

couldn't resist sharing

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:50:59 -0500

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25136&only&rss

We have huge news tonight from Iowahawk's alternate reality wire
service: the Lutheran militia has released their hostages and a wave
of peace is washing across the Midwest.

WALCOTT, IOWA - Clad in civilian Reeboks and Gem sweaters, clutching
pink gift bags filled with hot Maid Rites and souvenir Herky the
Hawkeye Beanie Babies, over three dozen smiling British Royal Marines
waved for cameras and boarded a London-bound RAF bus this morning in
the parking lot of Walcott's sprawling Iowa 80 Truck Stop.

The surprise morning release of the 38 sailors and marines ended a
tense three-day standoff between the British government and a
breakaway Lutheran militia group that controls large swaths of the
notorious "Manure Triangle" region spanning Iowa, Minnesota and
Wisconsin.

Ian Rumpsworthy, the diminutive baby-faced former captive who won the
hearts of millions as Britain's "Littlest Marine," embraced Pastor
Duane Gunderson around the waist and emotionally thanked the insurgent
Lutheran strongman for approving his release.

"I only hope I wasn't too much trouble for you sir," said Rumpsworthy,
choking back tears. "If you are ever in Phlegmfordshire, I insist you
do pop by for tea and scones."

As he skipped and cartwheeled off to the waiting double-decker, a
beaming Rumpsworthy turned to BBC cameras and shouted, "Look mum!
Weeee! I'm a hero!"