funsec mailing list archives

Re: Malware Knocks Defense Department e-Mail Offline

From: Technocrat <dj.technocrat.listmail () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:01:21 -0500

On 6/21/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

I would really appreciate any additional pointers to the original
AP article or anything else which substantiates this report. I have
been traveling today and haven't been able to thoroughly review my
normal news sources yet.

Hey Fergie,

I heard it was an unclassified email system..and they had to take down 1,500
email accounts (not whole computers).

This would explain, some parts of the AP story that was posted by Larry. The
references to blackberry and asking Gates if his e-mail was affected. But it
is possible that the issue goes beyond the e-mail accounts..

http://djtechnocrat.blogspot.com/2007/06/hacker-penetrates-unclassified-pentagon.html

-Technocrat