funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: funsec Office 2007 has 0 security issues

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:05:22 -0400

These 3 Word bugs are interesting, but I suspect they are not exploitable in
an Outlook email message because an email message is HTML text and not a
Word .DOC file.  To find security problems in Word that can be exploited
from an Outlook email message instead requires fuzzing HTML.  Securuty
problems with HTML of course can be a problem with an email reader that
supports HTML including readers which blindly convert HTML to plain text.

I wonder how well Nick's Pegasus email reader has been vetted for
HTML-related security problems?

Richard