funsec mailing list archives

Re: I think that more of my state tax dollars need to go to security

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:57:59 -0400

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:58:53 MDT, Ken Dyke said:

Typical job description creep.  I see at least three jobs i.e. a M$
sysadmin, a linux sysadmin, and a web developer.  Good luck finding
someone with the full skillset being sought at twice the salary.

And at that salary, we're not going ot find somebody with the full skillset.
Which kind of puts a crimp in the whole "fire them and find somebody who
can do the job" idea. :)