funsec mailing list archives

Re: I think that more of my state tax dollars need to goto security

From: Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:00:57 -0600

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:35:52PM +0100, Drsolly (drsollyp () drsolly com) wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, David Harley wrote:

What if we retrained the politicians to be sysadmins?

Most of them would be more at home in a circus.

As the animals or the clowns?

As the folks with the shovels and brooms following the animals around.
They already have lots of experience and would not need additional
training.
--
Ken Dyke,
406.581.0495

"Linux can win as long as services/protocols are commodities.  By folding
extended functionality into today's commodity services and creating new
protocols, we raise the bar and change the rules of the game."
       -- from an internal Microsoft memo