funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: funsec Digest, Vol 19, Issue 28

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:02:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, der Mouse wrote:

(I could run around naked with out diapers and no one cared)!

You still can, some places.  Or at least could fairly recently.

I spent the second half of 2002 working for Universitetet i Tromsø, in
Tromsø, Norway.  Once, in late summer, I was on a municipal bus passing
a barnehage (approximate cultural translation, "daycare").  It was a
warm day and someone had set up one of those toddler wading pools and
some 10-15 kids were playing, with a couple of adults monitoring.

Something like half the kids were completely naked - and nobody seemed
to even notice, much less mind.

Those of you familiar with North American society can just imagine the
absolute *cow* people would have if that were to happen here.  But
there, it wasn't the least bit noteworthy.

Oh, you zany North Americans!