funsec mailing list archives

Re: Blog Questions

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:47:15 -0400

On 10/26/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Dude VanWinkle wrote:
> I was talking to Ryan about setting up an RSS feed, and while I dont
> know whether it will be XML or HTML, I do know that I would like a way
> to let my subscribers know that the items they receive are 1) from me
> and 2) secure. I know there are many bloggers on this list so I
> thought I would try and pick your brains on blog server side initiated
> security.

BTW, the point of my original question was:  Here is your feed:
http://dudevanwinkle.blogspot.com/atom.xml
Did you want me to use that one, or will you be adding something
different? ;)

ahh, I didnt know I had that!

sweet thanks for the link to my own rss man :-P

Like I said first blog :*)

FWIW, I'm not sure there is much point in trying to make to make the RSS
feed security profile higher than the site that it links back to...

Gotcha. Still if there was a good alternative I would host my own blog
via dyndns.org or some such and implement the secure protocol

Maybe this would be not impossible for me to create with netcat and
some other tools

I wouldnt really worry about the cert as long as the clients only got
plain text feeds.

I remember fighting tooth and nail to make all emails in my department
text only, and I was shot down by a succession of the highest people
in my department. I cant help but think that if we never included HTML
composition in email clients I could have solved all the SMTP AV
issues with attachment stripping

Its too late for email, but is it too late for RSS?

-JP