funsec mailing list archives

Re: Web viruses?

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:47:04 -0400 (EDT)

"While 29 percent of respondents ranked e-mail viruses as their most
 significant threat, 68 percent listed Web viruses, suggesting that
 Web viruses pose more of a threat than e-mail-born ones."

"...even if only in the minds of their potential victims."

Excuse me.  Can somebody give me a definition of a "Web virus,"

These are probably end users, in which case a "Web virus" probably
means any malware using Web pages as the infection vehicle.  End users
are not noted for precision of technical language, after all. :-)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca