funsec mailing list archives

RE: Did the South Portland Maine police overreact or not?

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:36:02 -0500

 that's only if they're made after a certain date (probably 1998, but this is just a guess).  Either that or they have
to be made of bright colors so as not to be mistaken for a real weapon.  There isn't any federal ban on importing toy
guns either, AFAIK that is....

  Of course there's no law about the fake dynamite he had strapped around him, and him dancing like an idiot on a
bridge for everyone to see.

  Sounds to me like he's an idiot.  If you dress like a terrorist, strap road flares around your body (they look a lot
like the classic "dynamite" look from the movies), wave a toy full sized AK-47 around, with toy handgrenades and such
you deserve to go to jail....
   He's just lucky he didn't get shot, he didn't drop the weapon at first?  Further proof that he's an idiot.  When
armed officers whom are pointing their REAL pistols at you, ask you to drop what you have in your hand, you drop it or
get shot, pretty black and white if you ask me...
  I'm surprized he didn't point the fake ak-47 at the officers and make bang-bang noises too!

  Yup, I'm convinced, he's an idiot.  He deserves what the court dishes out to him...

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580