funsec mailing list archives

RE: The Original Gmail

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:48:00 +0100

My French is 40 years rusty, but I think it says something like this.
It's a somewhat free rendering, but hopefully more accurate and
understandable than an automatic translation. ;-)

"Gmail - anti-Spam email form

Because of spam problems I had to remove all the email addresses on an
Internet site,
to avoid harvesting by spambots. So I have a small program which enables
visitors to
send mails, but without the address being visible. I know that this program
does not
have anything built-in that does that(?).

Its characteristic advantage is that it can manage several potential
recipients.
There is a choice between:
* to post the list of possible recipients so that the visitor of the site
can choose
* to force the visitor to select one recipients. This is useful if one
establishes a link of the type "to contact us" on a page of the specific
site;
that way, the sender can choose the name of the most suitable contact.

This script works with php3 and php4. I'm currently using it on
http://www.cistemstj.asso.fr.

To learn more, return to the dedicated sourceforge page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmail

Gorun, 15/03/2001

Download: gmail-1.0.tar.gz, gmail-0.0.1.tar.gz"

The site he refers to says:
"PHP Script that lets you send mail via a form  on a web site without the
email address being visible. The advantage is that it can handle several
recipients."

--
David Harley
Security Author & Consultant