funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Original Gmail

From: Peter Kosinar <goober () nuf ksp sk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

This dates from 2001, but I cant decipher what it does outside of
something spam related.

Does anyone read french?

Mr. Babelfish kindly provided this translation:

***
Following problems of Spam, it was necessary that I remove all the addresses emails which were on an Internet site so that they cannot be recovered by robots spammeurs. I thus have but at the point a small program which makes it possible to the visitors nevertheless to send malls, but without address email appearing. I know that this program does not have anything original compared to that. Its characteristic is that it can manage several potential recipients. There are the choice between: - to post the list of the possible recipients so that the visitor of the site can choose, - or to force the selection of one of the recipients: practical if one establishes a link of the type "to contact us" on a page of the specific site; one can then choose the name of the most suitable contact.
***

Though... the source is the best description -- it seems that it could be used as a free anonymous spamming gateway ;-)

Peter

--
[Name] Peter Kosinar   [Quote] 2B | ~2B = exp(i*PI)   [ICQ] 134813278