funsec mailing list archives

Re: Update to Godwin's Law?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:23:18 -0400

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:57:46 -0800, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" said:
Idle thought as I read this: is "terrorist" the new "Nazi"?

No, "terrorist" is one of the Four Horsemen of the Internet, the invocation of
which is used to justify evil things (the other 3 being drug dealers, copyright
violators, and child pornographers).

(My wife recently noted that a number of news stories are using "facist" as a
synonym for "Islamic fundamentalist.")

There are those who have a vested interest in pointing repeatedly at the
foreign countries run by Islamic fundamentalist whack-jobs, to draw attention
away from those countries run by Judeo-Christian fundamentalist whack-jobs....