funsec mailing list archives

Re: Reverse DNS

From: paul () vix com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 04:02:12 +0000

more fun and games in the rfc1918 whois.  JFYA:

To: <hostmaster () root-servers org>
Subject: Reverse DNS
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:43:43 -0500

I am being told that my IP does not have a reverse DNS entry and that it is
supposed to. I’m not sure what to do about it, but they said you have
something to do with it. Apparently this is causing some of my mail to be
returned. My IP is 192.168.1.101. Please let me know if this is something
you can help with or if you know what I should do.

Thank you.