funsec mailing list archives

Re: "michael chertoff reassured people things would only go s o far"

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:00:05 GMT

-- Paul Vixie <paul () vix com> wrote:

"I don't see us moving to a total ban on hand baggage at this point"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060813/ap_on_re_us/terror_plot_security_6

Let's hope so.

On a related point, I ran across this just a few minutes ago:

[snip]

As the British terror plot was unfolding, the Bush administration
quietly tried to take away $6 million that was supposed to be spent
this year developing new explosives detection technology.

Congressional leaders rejected the diversion of funds, the latest in a
series of Homeland Security Department steps that have left lawmakers
and some of the department’s own experts questioning the commitment to
create better antiterror technologies.

[snip]

More:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14333164/

I guess we can all feel (fear?) better now. :-)

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net