funsec mailing list archives

Re: Well, d'oh!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:58:33 -0500

On 8/11/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

In democracies, or at least what we have today which is as close as
possible (=for us to make it work so far), I suppose... we have a lot of

I don't live in a democracy - I live in a republic. I am truly a
prisoner of my own decisions/votes. But I have a get out of jail card
every four years.

<snip>

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
That statement too is incorrect, as if I kill somebody with a table, the
table will be considered the weapon of choice.

Guns and tables don't kill people. People can kill people with just
about anything, including their hands and feet.

As Aryeh mentioned today over lunch.. the difference between today's
computers and guns is that guns are single-purpose machines.

Guns serve many purposes to those who aren't blind anti-gun zealots
(and I have little use for a zealot of any kind). Offense, defence,
sport, collectivity, "and many more..."

^^ I am REALLY abusing and changing what he said for my own purposes in
illustrating my point.

If you're going to abuse logic, you might as well, eh? :)