funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] privacy Digest, Vol 4, Issue 8

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:49:03 -0500

[Message: 1
[Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:01:01 GMT
[From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
[Subject: [privacy] NASD Laptops Stolen, Risks Downplayed
[To: privacy () whitestar linuxbox org
[
[Via The Red Tape Chronicles.
[
[[snip]
[
[Ten laptop computers were stolen from a team of securities
[regulators conducting an investigation last February, but the
[computers contained scant amounts of personal information,
[according to the National Association of Securities Dealers.
[
[
[[snip]
[
[More here:
[http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/07/nasd_laptops_st.html
[
[- ferg
[

I am going to go out on a limb here to say perhaps there is "light" at the
end of this dark tunnel. It may come in the form of Government regulation
and standardizations. Wait. Don't we have that already? Oh, of course.
What's missing is ACCOUNTABILITY! Strong, swift punishment!

Is it me or does anyone else living in this world today not notice the MEDIA
attacking us with FEAR! Melting down our sense of stability.