funsec mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Reports Slammed for Creating 'Test' Viruses

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:21:05 -0400

On 8/20/06, Peter Kosinar <goober () nuf ksp sk> wrote:
>>> how come we dont have win32.herpes.b or linux.h.syphilis?

Maybe because Linux is syphilis-immune? ;-)

>> Well, there was a spate of viruses named (at least by their
>> authors) after exotic filoviruses and such...
>
> I dont know, win32.ebola? just not catchy

Well, a quick memory search followed by a bit of googling revelad
Trojan.Syphilis.1_18; see http://www.viruspool.net/virus.cms?&id=606041

Cool site, I like the downoad link!

The content of the page also provides a small clue as to why there is no
Win32/Herpes [*].

I missed that

-JP