funsec mailing list archives

RE: Caps off to ya'

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:28:49 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, David Harley wrote:

"The Caps key is an abomination... and as far as I know, it's only used
by 419 scammers and Fortran programmers."

He doesn't know very much, then. For a start, I'd guess he isn't a touch
typist.

So secretaries, copy typists, even journalists and writers will be
inconvenienced (in some cases seriously) because 419-ers, hoaxers,
and newsgroup newbies misuse it?

I can understand the aesthetic irritation, but I wish the Lords of the
Internet
would stop and think things through before they try to impose their personal
prejudices on the whole world. :(

All you need to do, is remap your keyboard.