funsec mailing list archives

Re: Probe to Pluto running windows?

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 01:50:39 GMT

Two words: custom code.

- ferg (who has worked on at least one NASA contract)

-- "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Ok, I know it not running windows, but how do you explain this:

from: http://www.newscientistspace.com/article.ns?id=dn9093&feedId=online-news_rss20

The team successfully beamed up a new version of command and data
handling software. Every time a new version is sent up, the
spacecraft's main computer has to be rebooted.

I guess they are making kernel changes from 5 billion miles away?

-JP

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net