funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re: political spectrums - was: University ofSouthCarolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

From: "Justin Polazzo" <jpolazzo () thesportsauthority com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:41:33 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Barrie Dempster [mailto:barrie () reboot-robot net]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 10:34 AM
To: Justin Polazzo
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: RE: [funsec] Re: political spectrums - was: University
ofSouthCarolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 10:22 -0600, Justin Polazzo wrote:
There is no such thing as "right", "left" "libertarian" or "green".
Only Next Generation vs Original. Picard vs Kirk.

Picard'ians tend to think that in an advanced society, we should be
able to take care of the less fortunate/able until we can correct most

of societies ills through education and advanced medicine

Kirk'ites think we should just kill the weak and take their green
women ;-)

-JP <who prefers TNG of course>

It's all about Kirk, anyone that has a ship with an impressive arsenal
of futuristic weapons, who then proceeds to fly it across the universe
in order to get out and have a /fist fight/, gets my vote.

----------
Good point, I hadnt considered the "badass" perspective. I guess you
still need a good show of strength in an advanced society, at least one
in a galaxy of klingons and romulans.

Still Jean Luc has been known to beat some ass in his day too (and I am
not talking about the gay part you sickos!)

The number of times the enterprise computer gets owned by random aliens
- you'd think they'd fix that open wireless network....

Is that getting "3Tpwn3d"?

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue