funsec mailing list archives

Windows Defender Beta 2 Refreshed

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:39:27 GMT

Via BetaNews.

[snip]

Microsoft on Thursday released an updated version of Windows Defender Beta 2, the company's anti-spyware and malware
application that will be integrated into Windows Vista. The release fixes bugs in signature updating, polishes the user
interface and improves the software's SpyNet reporting capabilities.

Responding to feedback from users, Windows Defender can now remain active in the system tray at all times. The SpyNet
feature enables users to send reports back to Microsoft and help the company keep ahead of malware authors. "With these
upcoming changes to our reporting network and our core technology, we will improve our detection and removal
capabilities even more in the upcoming months," said Microsoft's Anti-Malware Engineering Team.

[snip]

Here:
http://www.betanews.com/article/Windows_Defender_Beta_2_Refreshed/1144956600

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net