funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re: [privacy] ACLU Sues Pentagon for Monitoring

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:30:50 -0400

In America, the only prerequisite for joining the Religious Society of
Friends is that you be non-violent (AFIK).

well that and you cant wear pants with zippers ;-)

-JP<who misses his zippers>

----> Ok, I just have to ask.  Why no zippers on pants?  Is it only
pants or jackets/shirts/etc as well?  Why zippers in general?
       Mike's Theory: I would suppose that this is something that goes
back to the beginning of zippers on pants, and when "nightgowns" were
worn underneath and I would also suppose that there were many, um,
personal items getting caught in the zippers, perhaps to the point of
being severely damaged and thusly preventing future Quakers from being
created/born.  It was probably easier for some reason to proclaim "no
more trousers with zippers" than to try and explain to keep your, ehem,
personal parts, out of harms way when zipping up said trousers.

  Mike B <who WAY over analyzes stuff like this>