funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] preserve your privacy and avoid reliance on flawed systems (was: Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril)

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:28:47 -0700

On 6/14/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
I have never owned a CC, and even refuse to keep what little cash I
have at a bank ...

if only we could coerce employers into payment via secure double
blinded fungible digital cash. *grin*

(i wonder why $powers_that_be dislike that idea...)

It seems to me that banks and CC companies will give my cash to anyone
that asks for it and then send me a bill. Well, not anyone. If _I_
want my money (more than 10k), they make me wait.

what's really annoying is jurisdictions that make mere possession of
some large amount of cash/currency prohibited.  (or even specific
types, like liberty dollars???)

 -JP <who doesnt own a wrist watch either>

:)