funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] preserve your privacy and avoid reliance on flawed systems (was: Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril)

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:56:02 -0400

On 6/14/06, codeerman sed> ...
Guess I just dont like any kind of profiling tho.. fuckin bastards
judging me, who do they think they are?  ;-)

there is a simple solution to mitigate much of this:
- only use pre-paid credit cards attached to fictitious identities.
- don't use customer loyalty programs (grocery chain cards, etc).
- don't use debit cards anywhere except ATM's.
- use cash anywhere and as often as you can.
I have never owned a CC, and even refuse to keep what little cash I
have at a bank (or is it banks refuse to keep my pittance, i forget).

It seems to me that banks and CC companies will give my cash to anyone
that asks for it and then send me a bill. Well, not anyone. If _I_
want my money (more than 10k), they make me wait.

 -JP <who doesnt own a wrist watch either>